How to tie a bow tie
Bow tie tying instructions
Here Marie explains how tie a perfect bow tie. In a few simple steps, you will be able to impress your other half. Better warm up those arm muscles!
Admittedly, it does take a bit of practice but once you’ve got the hang of it, it’s well worth the effort!
But don’t worry, all of our bow ties are delivered pre-tied !
- 1. Start with the bowtie lying face up. Adjust the bowtie so right side is shorter than the left. The end on the left will be referred to as A and the end on the right will be referred to as B.
- 2. Move A to the right side, across B.
- 3. Bring A under B and up through the neck loop.
- 4. At the joint, fold B towards the right and then towards the left to create a the bow shape.
- 5. Bring A straight down over the middle of the bow shape that was made with B.
- 6. Fold A back towards the chest and pinch the fold.
- 7. Push the pinched end (A) through the loop behind B.
- 8. Pull on the folded parts of the bow to tighten.
- 9. Adjust until balanced on both sides.